I think if we want to talk about Female Domination, or S&M, in mainstream films, first we need to start with a story from Hollywood itself. When I first started scouring the internet for FemDom and fetish material there were 2 Dominatrixes that often filled my fantasies. In a time where internet clips were measured in seconds two beautiful Dommes turned me on immensely. One was the amazing Isabella Sinclaire, from Gwen Media. The second was a statuesque blonde, that as it turns out, would have a big influence on mainstream kink in an interesting way, Mistress Ilsa Strix.
Everyone has seen The Matrix” series of movies. Everyone has also seen the sort of leather S&M influence on the movies, and especially for
fetishists the “Matrix Revolutions,” use of latex costumes on the incredibly stunning Italian actress Monica Bellucci. The producers/directors of those movies and “Bound” were the Wachowski Brothers. An interesting thing
happened with these movies. The brothers had an interesting contract that basically said they didn’t have to do any interviews, etc, for the movies. Why is that?
Well, if you look at the credits on IMDB now, you will see all reference to the Directors/producers have been wiped clean of the title Wachowski Brothers and replaced with names. Not only that, instead of the brothers names ( Andy and Larry) you get the names Andy and “Lana.” Yes, it is now the Wachowski siblings as “Larry” IS now “Lana.” Lana, indeed had a sex change.
I t seems Larry had been heavily involved in the kink world and was a woman trapped in a man’s body. He had been seeing one of L.A.’s most sought after Domina’s, Ilsa Strix. What happened next is both bizarre and wonderful (for us that enjoy the kinky world, and acceptance) Larry and Ilsa (Karin
ran off and got married. Ilsa also suddenly dropped out of the Domination scene altogether, and from what I have read it was even a shock to people who knew Her, and she even dropped her long time submissive ( also transgendered) acquaintance with little to no warning. Soon after Larry became the transgendered Lana.
All that kind explains a lot about the whole aesthetics of movies like the Matrix and Bound, and just lets you know that sometimes there is plenty of kink behind the scenes that leads to kink on the screen.
Female Domination and BDSM has been something that has popped up in mainstream movies from time to time and for those of us that worship the awesomeness of everything FemDom is has developed somewhat of a cult following. I won’t get in to a debate about how it helps acceptance or hurts it or anything like that but I just wanted to highlight some of the great scenes and movies that have some particularly interesting scenes that might be interesting to us that look for it.
First I would like to say that Female Domination BDSM scenes in the mainstream are some of the first things that draw people into, and are many times the first exposure people have to the kinkier side of life.
Those of U/us that explore deeper realize that much of what W/we see is pretty tame and doesn’t go much further than a the superficial, but Hollywood has a way of making things extremely sexy and attractive in a way that hardcore films just can’t, and sometimes that can be almost as great as watching the real deal. Therefore sometimes it is a break from
the hardcore stuff that we get into watching on the internet. The list I am providing is only a small one. I am also not going to list some movies here that have heavy themes of Female Domination but don’t really have related aesthetic scenes. It’s not a list of all, and they’re not in any particular order, but I have included some of the reasons why they are good ones to check out. Again, it is a list of superficial, more aesthetic domination, but it is a fun list.
- My Normal (2009) : This is a movie I would have missed had I not been looking specifically for theses movies. It is about a lesbian, who is working as a Dominatrix and dealing with her job, her love life, and trying to get into Her dream job of the Movie Industry. It has a great, hot opening scene and a little more than half-way through has a great Foot worship/Financial Domination/public humiliation scene. Awesome!
- Preaching to the Perverted (1997) :
This one is a well known British cult film. Sort of a tongue in cheek comedy that has some great imagery…and is interesting. If you like it, they are currently raising money to preserve this movie.
- Payback (1999):
Ok, so everyone loves Lucy Liu as a Dominatrix, especially ever since being the hard charging aggressive woman in Ally McBeal she seems to have sort of a Dominatrix scene in almost every movie she has done since, The second Charlie’s Angels movie gets an honorable mention to attest to this.
- Exit to Eden (1994):
A comedy featuring Dan Akroyd and Rosie O’Donnell (yes she puts on Domme gear in this one) this movie features a photographer that at the suggestion of his therapist takes a trip to a BDSM tropical Island. I can’t imagine how many teenage boys suddenly became Female Domination fans and have been drooling over Dana Delaney’s Head Mistress character since, but I am still a fan of her’s since.
- Bitter Moon (1992):
Not the usual Hugh Grant movie it features Peter Coyote who gets involved with a Dominant Woman whom he becomes addicted to even though it is completely to his detriment. Not one of my favorites mostly because I am not a fan of the style of it or the actors, but it definitely has what some fans are looking for.
- Walk All Over Me (2007):
Leelee Sobieski moves in with a friend that happens to be a Dominatrix. Don’t expect much here, The summary of this movie makes it sound like it has more S&M than it actually does, but hey, Sobieski and Tricia Helfer are great to look at.
- Jill Rips, aka Jill the Ripper (2007) :
Dolph Lundgren is a cop whose brother is murdered and he has to go undercover in the “Seedy” S&M world to find the killer. OK, Dolph Lundgren? Yes, I know…Not a great movie but it does have some good imagery none the less
- Going Under (2004):
A married man falls in love with the Dominatrix he has been seeing, and decides to divorce as his Domme is moving on from the dungeon she is working at. I started watching this one but never got more than 10 minutes into it, but hopefully I will attempt to watch it again.
-Real Men (1987), Jim Belushi takes home the “shy” girl from the bar….
-From Beyond (1986) Sci fi flick but has a good Dominatrix scene
- Reefer Madness (2005) Kristen Bell has a hot song and dance number in this one
- 50 pills (2006), the basement domination scene, plus the schoolgirl scene….nice
- Audition (1999), The final acupuncture/paralysis scene
- The Loved Ones (2009), if you’re into hardcore torture, this one has a few good ones
- The World is Not Enough (1999), Sophie Marceau!
- Golden Eye (1995), I was instantly in love with Xenia Onatopp ( Famke Janssen)
- Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997) Jaime Presley is looking hot, evil, and cruel
- American Wedding (2003), Nikki Zering…amazingly hot
- Slackers (2002), Laura Prepon (That 70’s Show) has a kink streak in this one
- Tomcats (2001), Jerry O’Connell and the librarian….and granny
- Body of Evidence (1993), Madonna and Willem Dafoe get out the belt and hot wax
- Love and Human Remains, (1993) Mia Kirshner plays a “Psychic Dominatrix”
- Jawbreaker (1999) The Popsicle scene
- Lair of the White Worm (1988), Lady Amanda Marsh seduces and takes a bite out of a poor innocent boy scout
-Mr & Mrs Smith (2005), Angelina Jolie in a short, hot scene
-Tamara (2005), Hypnosis/trance Forced Bi scene, “..who’s going to pitch, and who’s gonna catch…”
-The Craft (1996), a love spell produces quite the subby
-Bordello of Blood (1996) Dennis Miller gets a little to close to a vampire in a bordello Dungeon
-One Night at McCools (2001) Liv Tyler with a whip!
-Raging Hormones (1999), Screwball comedy where a young guy trying to earn money for college ends up as the Beautiful married neighbors sex slave.
- American Mary (2012), Great scene about halfway through involving bondage, suspension, and body mods. If your into offbeat horror/dark comedy, this is really a great movie.
- Machete Kills (2013) Tarantino’s Machete 70′s film noir/sexploitation film homage. This one features Sofia Vergara as a Dominatrix, Desdemona. I can’t wait to see that!
- One Hour Fantasy Girl (2009) – OK, so not such a Mainstream movie, but here when I mean mainstream I’m speaking of non-xxx, skinemax movies so this still counts. Low budget and hard to find indy film, but has some good BDSM scenes. It can be found on Amazon
- Shade (2003)- Thandie Newton gets hit on in a bar, portrays a Dominatrix and brings him home to the dungeon, once bound she reveals a “more than kinky” surprise.
- After Fall, Winter (2011) – I have seen this one before and I give thanks to Gusty for commenting and giving me an excuse to finally add it.
I know this is just a short list. There are plenty of others, especially foreign ( non U.S.) films as we in the U.S. have some serious hang ups when it comes to sex, sexuality and nudity. Feel free to comment with more. I deliberately left out Basic Instinct, as it really did nothing for me and I think the discussions about S&M themes in it were far more scandalous than anything that actually took place in the film.
Lastly, a disclaimer. As I wrote, Female Domination and BDSM is often used as a punch line or a sinister plot line. This is NOT the real BDSM world. Practicing kinksters out there tend to be very well educated, have a great sense of humor, are generous and warm caring people, who just like things in life to be a bit more exciting. BDSM lends itself to self exploration and learning and in no way does it make anyone a bad person. It’s just sexy as hell!I also didn’t include the Comic Book superhero movies as there are some obvious ones to choose from like any Catwoman movie, many Batmans, GI Joe, etc…and I do absolutely love Scarlett Johansson in “The Spirit,” but those are as I said…Obvious. So what are your favorites?
Feel free to share your favorite FemDom themed scenes in mainstream movies!